- Growing Investment in Robotics Companies – Investors continue funding the latest robotics innovations in various industries, including the medical, manufacturing, logistics, hospitality, and automotive sectors. With plenty of cash in
Todd helps technology companies and investors protect and commercialize their innovations across a wide range of industries including software, robotics, autonomous vehicles, medical devices, and aerospace.
His practice offers a full suite of IP-related legal services including:
- Patents – Developing portfolios tailored to your company’s particular goals such as attracting investment, protecting market share, or having bargaining chips in disputes with competitors
- M&A and Investment – Helping investors understand what they are buying and mitigating the associated risks; helping sellers position their technology assets to maximize company valuation and attract (and close) funding opportunities
- Tech Transactions – Negotiating partnerships to grow the company, while protecting your IP and technology and minimizing business disruption should future problems arise
- Freedom to Operate – Guiding product design to avoid infringing third-party patent rights
- Software Development & Licensing – Navigating the numerous software-related legal issues such as ownership, subscription licensing (SaaS), control, data privacy and security, source code escrow, and open source software (OSS) risks
Prior to becoming an attorney, Todd was an engineer at Bell Helicopter where he designed cutting-edge aerospace technologies and software. Todd also helped develop electromechanical control systems for military drones at Smiths Aerospace during his undergraduate studies at Georgia Tech, and clerked at St. Jude Medical’s Neuromodulation Division during law school.
5 Trends to Watch in 2022: Autonomous Vehicles
- AI Training Continues to Be a Priority towards Widespread Adoption – Technology for autonomous vehicles (AV) – largely self-driving cars and trucks – has advanced quickly but must mature significantly
Continue Reading 5 Trends to Watch in 2022: Autonomous Vehicles
5 Trends to Watch in 2022: Drones
- Growth in Government and Commercial Use – Infrastructure and agricultural applications will continue to lead commercial growth. Unmanned aircraft are vital to sustaining the nation’s aging infrastructure, from inspecting bridges
Demystifying Legal Diligence in Tech Deals
Greenberg Traurig Shareholder Todd Basile authored an article titled “Demystifying Legal Diligence in Tech Deals,” published June 3, 2019, on IPWatchdog.com.
Click here to read the article.
Continue Reading Demystifying Legal Diligence in Tech Deals
Who Owns Your IP?
Navigating IP Ownership Issues that May Otherwise Delay, Devalue, or Derail Funding and Exits
Many emerging tech companies focus only on the defensive nature of intellectual property – namely, deterring competitors from stealing technological innovations or copying creative branding. While these protections are important, it can be understandably difficult to justify the associated costs when you are still in the process of commercializing a product or service. So why not worry about IP later? Because in doing so, you may miss out on the opportunity to leverage an asset known to increase company valuation, attract funding, and position your company for the next level or potential exit.…